Monday 10 October 2011

Review : Cat's Claw by Amber Benson

Cat's Claw (Calliope Reaper-Jones, #2)Cat's Claw by Amber Benson .. is the second of three novels in the Calliope Reaper-Jones series.
My rating:  5 of 5 stars

Calliope goes through more dangerous adventures with her friends. She journeys to Purgatory, which takes them to many a frightening place. I enjoyed reading this book as it smoothly follows on from 'Death's Daughter'. There's some sexual content and innuendo, but is in keeping with Calliope's growth as a character.
The story has the ingredients of myths, religions and a time paradox. Which I loved.
To understand Calliope you have to meet her right at the beginning . In my opinion, you cannot read this book without having read the first of the series..
Definitely a page turner!
No spoilers intended..

View all my reviews


4 comments:

  1. Wanted to thank you again for the blog award. I have passed it along. Donna

    http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Donna. I love your blog and it was a pleasure to have passed the award on to you..
    Debs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series looks pretty interesting. I know how u felt being nervous about writing reviews. I found when I just wrote a few for amazon or smashword they just flowed now I feel so super careful & like I am judging every word not wanting to do it wrong.
    Not fun! I almost stopped blogging the stress was too much! lolz.
    Now I just relax and remember I am doing it cuz I wanted to have FUN not compete with other blogs. Its easy to forget :P
    Happy Halloween! I am going out to get candy now for after dinner *YUMMY*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Books and Beyond.
    Thank you for your feedback and support. It means a lot to me. I totally agree with you it should be fun! I nearly didn't post these reviews but thought hey, the reason I wanted to blog is to connect and share. It is a great series and I'm a big fan of Amber Benson.Hence my choosing books I knew well for my first reviews.
    I love your blog.You are very inspiring.
    Once again many thanks
    Hope you had a lovely Halloween ;)
    Debs ;)

    ReplyDelete